Wednesday 24 December 2008

well it is christmas










this is St. Stephen's church in Bournemouth, now I'm not a religious person, but I do like my churches, the more Gothic the better, and this beauty is tucked away just a couple of steps from Borders book shop, in the centre of Bournemouth , just through the park.
it's based on a french design apparently and is just stunning, it smell of incense and the coat I was wearing still smells of it.
I was very lucky to be shown the vestments( embroidered clothes worn by the priest). including the one above, from the time of Marie-antoinette.I was told that there is a matching coat at Christchurch abbey, but it's not on display. amazing embroidery. and a truly inspiring place.and wonderful people.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love a bit of gothic too! :)x