Monday 29 June 2009

I'm so lucky

I don't need to travel far to see wildlife, this beastie was in my garden pond, obviously fancied a dip in this warmer weather, and why not, should I put up a diving board? a sun lounger maybe?



after the Saturday fittings we stoped by Dorchester on the way home. we often drive past the sign for Maiden Castle
http://www.maiden-castle.co.uk/ but have never been to the site, until Saturday. So we took a little detour, it was a wonderful warm day, a little too warm to be stomping up great hills, so we are saving that for another day. but the surrounding area is so lovely.





this is a neighbouring Hill/ barrow/ ?



3 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

As much as I love wildlife, I have to admit, that snake would totally freak me out if it were in my garden pond (not that I have one, lol!)

Kim said...

Lovely pictures and the barrow looks mysterious. I'll be visiting Silbury Hill and West Kennet long barrow soon as I love barrow mounds :) I love the little snake, he's soooo cute, is he a grass snake?

Right, I'm not meant to be here, so bye for now :)

Kim x

JuliaB said...

Is that an Adder? I have one on my back, but i've never seen one in real life. x